Choquequirao is located 3,085 meters above sea level, in the Vilcabamba Valley. It is located in the jungle center, which is the transition from the Andean valleys to the jungle. Life in this area belongs to those given in dry, montane and sub-tropical forests. The confluence of these environmental variations makes it an important attraction for visitors to observe various expressions of the fauna and flora of the place such as the spectacled bear, the condor, colorful butterflies and birds such as the trogón – bird similar to the quetzal.
MORNING: 4:00 AM
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO CARRY:
- Sleeping bag (If you don’t have one, rent one at the office)
- Warm clothes for the first day
- Light clothes, four pairs of socks
- Good shoes or boots
- Water bottle
- Photo camera or video camera (Optional)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, caps or hats, mosquito repellent
- Purifying pills
- Starting Point: Cusco
- End Point: Cusco
- Occupations: Archaeological, Cultural, Ecological, Camping and Hiking.
All buses coming from the Inca Trail leave the passengers in the Plaza San Francisco.
NOTE: During the walk you should carry the sleeping bag, mats and your personal belongings (eg backpack).